Digilocker is an online portal (digilocker.gov.in) document storage facility provided by the Ministry of Electronics and IT Government of India under the Digital Services initiative. A user can upload all his / her required scanned documents/certificates like CBSE certificate, CTET exam marksheet, driving license, vehicle registration, PAN card, educational documents, EPFO, (UAN) number and Pension Payment Order (PPO) etc.
Digilocker.gov.in is the official portal of Digilocker App. By visiting this portal anyone can upload their document. This site is secure to save documents online. All Board’s students should use the portal to upload certificate and marksheet on the www.digilocker.gov.in. Hence many private companies and organisations Digilocker to share and upload a file online.
- About Digilocker
- How to Create Digilocker Account?
- What are the Benefits of Digilocker Account?
- EPFO & UAN At Digilocker
- How to delete PPO/UAN number from DigiLocker?
- How To Save Driving License On Digi Locker?
- CTET Certificate/Marksheet On Digilocker
- Digilocker APP
- How Download CBSE Certificates From Digilocker Portal?
Digilocker(Digital locker or Digi locker) is a kind of virtual locker. The goal of a Digilocker is to reduce the use of hard copies of documents and to easily share e-documents in agencies and other departments. The official website of Digi locker is www.digilocker.gov.in and its app download link has been shared on this page.
Digi locker will reduce the headache of carrying all documents in physical forms at all times. This facility of Digilocker will reduce the incidence of the disappearance of original documents. These digitally signed documents can be shared with government organizations or other institutions easily. The Digi locker was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi five years ago in July 2015.
How to Create Digilocker Account?
- To avail of the Digilocker feature, users have to download the Digilocker App or visit www.digilocker.gov.in.
- After this, users have to enter their mobile number to sign-up. As soon as this process is complete, an OTP will come on the user’s mobile phone.
- Then you have to set your username and password to login in the next step. After this, your Digilocker account will be created. But you have to certify your Aadhaar number to run this account smoothly.
- After creating a Digilocker account, now users can upload their scanned documents in this Digi locker. The maximum size of a file can be 10 MB and a user will get the facility to store 1 GB of data.
What are the Benefits of Digilocker Account?
The Reserve Bank of India had officially granted recognition to the Digilocker platform for Know Your Customer(KYC) process. Till February 2020 43 crore policy documents have been stored on Digilocker app. This time eight leading insurance companies have integrated with the Digilocker. Read here the benefits of www.digilocker.gov.in & Digi locker app.
- Digilocker will reduce the need to carry hard copies of the required documents.
- Now the number of stolen and lost cases of original documents will be reduced.
- Digilocker.gov.in or Digi lock mobile will ensure the authenticity of the e-documents and thereby eliminate the use of fake documents.
- Digilocker will reduce the administrative workload of government departments and agencies for making these documents again and again and will get rid of the problem of bribe for making these papers.
- Evidence saved in Digilocker is valid at the time of document verification for police investigation and other jobs. You can show the driving licence & vehicle registration card kept in Digilocker to the traffic police.
Digilocker claims to have more than 35 million registered users on digilocker.gov.in till February 2020. It had seen a 77% increase in registered users in 2019. Thus, from the above description, it is clear that DigiLocker facility is going to be very popular in the coming times. Because The Ministry of Human Resource Development has designated Digilocker as the sole National Academic Depository (NAD).
University Grants Commission has also been asked to ensure the transfer of academic awards, creation of student accounts and procedure of verification on digilocker.gov.in or Digilocker mobile app.
EPFO & UAN At Digilocker
Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) announced that now Universal Account (UAN) number and Pension Payment Order (PPO) can be placed in Digilocker. If needed, it can be removed and used from here.
Every month, a few rupees are deposited in Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account from Salaried Individuals account. To find out how much has been deposited in your EPF account, you need a Universal Account Number (UAN).
Likewise, those who retire need a pension payment order (PPO). It is a 12-digit number. The PPO number is required by pensioners every year when they have to submit a life certificate.
Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) announced that PPO and UAN numbers will now also be available in the government’s Digilocker. With the introduction of this feature, whenever you need it, you can download it from Digilocker app.
How to delete PPO/UAN number from DigiLocker?
- First, go to Digilocker’s website https://digilocker.gov.in/.
- Click on Sign In.
- After entering the mobile number, Aadhaar number or username, OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number which is valid for 10 minutes.
- After inserting the OTP, the security pin which is of 6 digits is to be inserted.
- Once fully logged in, click on the issue document.
- The Get More option will appear here where to click.
- Here the Central Government tab will appear on which to click.
- Now EPFO option will appear on which to click.
- The document can be acquired by entering the UAN number.
How To Save Driving License On Digi Locker?
Whenever you leave on a journey, you always have to keep a driving license and vehicle registration certificate with you, but now it will not be needed.
The central government has said that if you have kept vehicle documents in your Digilocker or the app ‘MParivahan’ of the Transport Ministry. you can show these papers to traffic police if needed.
Digilocker is one such digital locker launched by the Modi government. Where you can keep your important documents. Next, we are telling you how you can keep your necessary documents, including your driving license, safe in Digilocker. After this, they can be easily used as proof.
- First of all, you have to reach the https://digilocker.gov.in. After reaching here, you have to click on the ‘Sign up’ button. As soon as you click here. You have to enter your mobile number in the box that appears. An OTP will appear on your number. After entering this OTP a new window will open.
- In this new window, you have to set your user name and password. You can keep the email id and your mobile number as the user name. Along with the user name, you will also have to set your password here.
- Here you have to enter your Aadhaar number. As soon as you enter your Aadhaar number. OTP will come on your mobile number registered with Aadhaar. After entering this OTP, you can proceed.
- But if your mobile number is not linked to Aadhaar, then in such a case you will not get OTP. In this case, you can click on ‘If you can’t provide OTP, Click here’ given below. However, to take advantage of all the features of DigiLocker, you can later verify your account from Aadhaar.
- After clicking, a new window will open in front of you. In this, you have to enter your date of birth. Apart from this, you also have to tell the name and gender here. After this, as soon as you click on the verification, your Digilocker account will be created.
- After this, you can upload the documents by going to the option of ‘Upload Documents’. You can download them whenever you want. With this, you can share these documents.
CTET Certificate/Marksheet On Digilocker
Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) certificate can also download from Digilocker.gov.in. Ctet.nic.in will give eligibility certificates digitally signed and will be legally valid as per the IT Act.
The CTET exam marksheet and qualification documents will also carry an encrypted QR Code to improve protection. The QR code can be scanned and checked using the Digilocker android app.
Digilocker mobile app is a key initiative under Digital India, The mobile app of digilocker.gov.in aimed at transforming India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
The idea of paperless governance, Digi locker app is a platform for issuance and verification of documents & certificates digitally, thus eliminating the use of physical documents. The Digi locker website can be accessed its official app.
How Download CBSE Certificates From Digilocker Portal?
Digilocker has partnered with Central Board of Secondary Education to provide digital certificates. Therefore students can visit Digi locker can download CBSE certificates. For this students have to follow these steps to download the certificate form Digilocker.gov.in Or its mobile app.
- Students will receive their Digilocker username through SMS on the mobile number registered with CBSE.
- If you are visiting your Digilocker account for the first time, then you have to sign-up on the Digilocker portal.
- Fill the form will accurate details, However, you can learn how to download certificate using Slideshare presentation below.
- After registration, you will be given a user name and password to login at Digi locker.
- If you are unable to login with above credentials, you can try to recover or reset your password by following Digilocker Forgot Password’ link on the login page.